Trading Name / Assumed Name Compliance
In the U.S., a trading as name is called an assumed name. The rules governing assumed names vary between states.
Registration and timely renewal establishes the use of your name. In many states, this prevents other entities from registering the same or similar name.
The requirements and renewal periods vary tremendously from state to state and can make managing these names confusing and difficult. That’s why we’re here to help.
Real Help from Real People
Regularly monitoring changes to state and local requirements, we know what and when to file. Our team of specialists provides both personalised service and a streamlined digital process to gather and verify required information.
With our trading/assumed name compliance services, you can ensure these names stay active in every jurisdiction – without the risk of missing something if you handle it yourself.
Why risk trading/assumed name compliance alone? Contact us today to start getting the help you need.
What You Get with COGENCY GLOBAL
- Initial Quality Control Audit of your existing registrations. Upon completion, you’ll receive a chart listing:
- Name(s) used, company that registered the name and filing ID.
- Initial file date, last renewal date and expiration date.
- Address on record (when required for the filing).
- Ongoing maintenance of your trading/assumed name(s) data in Entity Central®, our online entity management system.
- Up-to-the-minute tracking of all trading/assumed name renewal due dates in our Entity Central® Compliance Calendar.
- Efficient preparation and timely filing of all trading/assumed name renewals.
- Confirmation of acceptance by the filing office.