The Delaware Division of Corporations has announced its 2021 holiday schedule. Below, we've compiled a list of the end-of-year schedule changes. Please plan on getting your filings to COGENCY GLOBAL as early as possible before the deadlines listed below so that we'll have time to review them before submitting them for you.
- Thursday, November 11th (Veterans Day) – CLOSED
- Thursday, November 25th and Friday November 26th (Thanksgiving Day and day after Thanksgiving) – CLOSED
- Friday, December 10th (Employee Recognition Event):
Division personnel will be unavailable from 11 AM to 2 PM EST. (No filings/requests will be processed during this time.) Submit your 30-minute, one-hour and two-hour filing requests by 10 AM EST in order for them to be processed prior to the recognition event. Also take note of the following filing deadlines:
- All 30-minute and one-hour filings must be received by the state by 5 PM EST.
- Two-hour filings must be received by the state by 4 PM EST.
- All other cut-off times will remain unchanged.
- Friday, December 24th (Christmas Eve) - CLOSED
- Friday, December 31st (New Year's Eve/New Year's Day holiday observed) - CLOSED
Available Services When the Delaware Division of Corporations is Closed
If you need a corporate filing dated on one of the days when Delaware is closed, Delaware’s Global Filing Service is available for an additional state fee of $2,500. This would require that you get the filing to COGENCY GLOBAL by the day before the holiday closing. The filing will be processed by the state and the evidence delivered to you on the next business day when the state is open. This service is dependent upon all necessary technology functioning properly. If, for any reason, the document cannot be filed, the expedited fee will still be charged.
As an online Delaware agent, COGENCY GLOBAL can still provide you with the following while the state is closed:
- Good Standing Certificates
- Certified copies
- Plain copies
- UCC Searches (listing and copies)
- Name Reservations
- Payment of Taxes
- Electronic (XML) UCC filings through UCC ProFile
Please feel free to contact your COGENCY GLOBAL service specialist with any questions.