Doing business under another name, whether forced fictitious or voluntarily assumed, comes with a great many rules, requirements and renewal dates to track and manage. Managing all of this correctly can greatly impact a company’s ability to use the name and, in some states, have that name protected. It’s important to be knowledgeable and aware of all the nuances – especially in the context of company restructuring.
Assumed Names, Trade Names & Fictitious Names: Why is All This So Complicated?
Wednesday, May 26 , 2021
1 – 2 PM ET (10 – 11 AM PT)
Hosted by Pia Angelikis and Teri Mayor of COGENCY GLOBAL, this webinar will explore challenges regarding assumed name registration and compliance, offering critical insight into the following topics:
- The importance of registering all names used by a registered entity.
- The complexities of elective assumed name registration and maintenance.
- How entity registration and alternate name registration requirements impact each other.
- The role of entity name registration in reorganizations, acquisitions and/or mergers.
- AND MUCH MORE!
There is no fee to attend the webinar, but advance registration is required.
CLE / MCLE INFORMATION:
- California: This course is pending approval by the California MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour.
- Florida: This course is pending approval by the Florida CLE Board for 1 CLE credit hour.
- Illinois: This course has been approved by the Illinois MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour. (IL attorneys must provide their ARDC number for reporting purposes.)
- New York: COGENCY GLOBAL has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education and is providing 1 credit hour of CLE for this program.
- Texas: An application for accreditation of this activity has been submitted to the MCLE Committee of the State Bar of Texas and is pending. (TX attorneys must provide bar number for reporting purposes.)
If you have any other questions, email us at email@example.com.