The importance of the debtor name cannot be overstated when preparing and filing UCC financing statements. This webinar, titled Avoiding Fatal Debtor Name Mistakes on UCC Financing Statements, provides critical insights on how to avoid errors by reviewing important case law that puts on display the types of mistakes still being made since Amended Article 9 was enacted. We provide case examples followed by practical steps to avoid unwelcome UCC filing surprises.
Avoiding Fatal Debtor Name Mistakes on UCC Financing Statements
This webinar covered:
- Entity and individual debtor name requirements
- The Minor Error Rule
- Case law and what has gone wrong
- The 5-part fact pattern
- Model Administrative Rules (MARS) and search logic
- How to avoid debtor name mistakes
- Summary and conclusion
There is no fee to attend the webinar, but advance registration is required.
CLE and MCLE Information:
California: This course has been approved by the California MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour. (CA attorneys, please provide Bar number during registration.) Provider #10934
Florida: This course has been approved by the Florida Bar for 1 CLE credit hour. Course #2313377N
Illinois: This course has been approved by the Illinois MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour. (IL attorneys must provide their ARDC number for provider reporting purposes.)
New York: Cogency Global has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education. This course has been approved in accordance with the Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour, all of which can be applied toward the Professional Practice requirement.
Texas: This course has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 1 credit hour, of which 0 credit hours will apply to legal ethics/professional responsibility credit. (TX attorneys must provide their Bar number for provider reporting purposes). Course #174222048
National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA): This course has been approved by the NFPA for 1 CLE credit hour.
National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA): This course has been approved by NALA for 1 CLE credit hour.
Note: To receive full credit, you must be present for the entire presentation and answer all poll questions throughout the webinar.
- This program is suitable for newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
- M/CLE is general credit and does not include any of the following: Legal ethics, recognition and elimination of bias, competence, mental health/substance abuse, diversity/inclusion, civility and professionalism. Official NY State CLE certificates will be emailed after the event.
- Cogency Global does not pursue CLE credit for Paralegals (unless noted above), CPAs or CPEs. We encourage you to submit this certificate of attendance to your professional organization to obtain credit.
- For any states not listed as approved or pending, we strongly encourage attendees to self-apply/self-report to the respective states.
You’re welcome to share this invitation with your colleagues and any other legal and financial professionals who may benefit from attending this webinar. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.