Thank you for your interest in our free webinar Overseas Entities Owning UK Real Property: Navigating the UK’s New Beneficial Ownership Compliance Requirements. During the session, we delved into the intricacies of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and beneficial ownership disclosure procedures in the UK and EU and discussed their implications for registered companies.
Our presenters, Pushkala and Pia, provided insight into the information that needs to be submitted and introduced attendees to the role of a UK-regulated agent. We also highlighted key dates for Economic Crime (Transparency & Enforcement) Act 2022 (ECTEA 2022) compliance, shared useful tips from HM Land Registry on property transaction registration and explored the groundbreaking changes made by the legal and banking industries to enhance compliance.
If you missed it, or need to revisit any points, a recording of the webinar is available. Don't miss this chance to stay abreast of these vital regulations and ensure your organisation remains compliant. We encourage you to share this information with your colleagues and networks.
Overseas Entities Owning UK Real Property: Navigating the UK’s New Beneficial Ownership Compliance Requirements
This webinar, hosted by Pia Angelikis, Esq. VP of Government Relations & Legal Research and Pushkala Sivaramakrishnan, VP of Product Management for International Services, covered:
- EU and UK Anti-Money Laundering and Disclosure Regime
- Beneficial Ownership Disclosure landscape in the UK for registered companies
- Concept of Overseas Entities (OEs) in the UK
- Summary of Economic Crime (Transparency & Enforcement) Act 2022 (ECTEA 2022)
- Definition of Beneficial Ownership for OEs transacting real property, registration requirements and the process
- HM Land Registry guidance for registration of property transactions
- Changes implemented by the legal industry/banking industry to improve compliance
There is no fee to attend the webinar, but advance registration is required.
You’re welcome to share this invitation with your colleagues, along with any other legal and financial professionals who may benefit from attending this webinar. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.