Integrity, Fairness & Fun
With offices across the U.S., in London and Hong Kong, our rapidly-growing company is home to nearly 300 talented professionals who are passionate about creating perfectly-timed solutions. It’s not always simple, but mastering business challenges around the world is how we’ve become such a big part of our clients’ success. We work hard to be the responsive team they rely on. From providing unparalleled service, to being thought leaders who create some of the industry’s most innovative products, COGENCY GLOBAL is a company you can be proud to work for.
Growth is a big part of our mission, and we realize that in order to expand our global capabilities and locations, we must provide our team with the tools they need to evolve and face new challenges. Not only do we equip our employees with ongoing training and emerging technology, but our unique company culture fosters creativity and builds the foundation for success. Our commitment to integrity, fairness and fun makes us the kind of company where people stick around, often for their entire careers.
The COGENCY GLOBAL advantage:
- No-Layoff Policy.
- Competitive salaries.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, 401k and life insurance).
- Paid time off for charitable work and community service.
- Culture of learning with ongoing training.
- Global opportunities.
- Healthy company culture of inclusion and respect.
- Woman-friendly workplace with a management team that’s more than 50% female.
- Location and schedule flexibility for many positions.
- Growth-oriented company with honest and straightforward policies.
- Expanding technology-based opportunities with a growing emphasis on data and analytics.
If you’re a reliable professional who’s driven to find modern business solutions and make real connections with people, explore opportunities to join our team below.
We are currently looking to fill the following position(S):
CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST- Tallahassee, fl
We are looking for a candidate with prior corporate and customer service knowledge to join our team and experience the support, camaraderie and satisfaction that come from working with a family-oriented, professional company. Applicants should be computer-knowledgeable, show strong proficiency in verbal and written communication and be organized and detail oriented.
- Maintaining direct contact with our legal clients – processing orders, resolving any issues, communicating results.
- Carefully reviewing legal documentation – attention to detail is a must!
- Daily travel to the State department to drop off and pick up documentation
- Effectively multi-tasking a variety of tasks, projects and responsibilities.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel, Word and Outlook software).
- Being a great Team Player- here at COGENCY GLOBAL we pride ourselves on our culture and we are looking for a great talent to add to our excellent team-dynamic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication- transmitting information both courteously and correctly is paramount.
- Additional ad-hoc projects as assigned by management.
- Prior legal-exposure or Secured Transaction and Corporate knowledge, industry experience and customer service experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
Job Type: Full-time; M-F; Hours: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or 10:30 am to 6:30 pm;
Legal Research Attorney- NY, NY
COGENCY GLOBAL INC. is looking for a Legal Research Attorney with 0-3 years of experience to join our Legal Research team. This role will provide the right candidate who enjoys legal research and writing an opportunity to further an alternative legal career at a rapidly expanding global company.
- Track and analyze federal and state legislation related to business entity law
- Identify changes to the requirements in all 50 states and the District of Columbia for forming, merging, maintaining, qualifying and dissolving business entities
- Perform in-depth analysis of statutes and case law related to perfection and priority of security interests governed by Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code
- Write blog articles and white papers on numerous and varied industry-related topics
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Government Relations, EVP of Business Development, General Counsel, and others
- Create and present Continuing Legal Education seminars and webinars on industry-related topics
- Support the Director of Government Relations by developing and maintaining solid relationships with business entity filing office administrators throughout the United States
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school, and licensed to practice law (or pending license) in any one of the United States
- 1-2 yrs. experience in or, related to, business entity transactional law a plus
- Excellent legal research and analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A self-starter, takes initiative in identifying opportunities / issues and recommends actions
- Experience in public speaking/giving presentations a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, solid interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full-time; Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm or 9:00 am to 5:00 pm;Benefits: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Collections Specialist - Dover, DE
The collections specialist position is accountable for collecting the maximum amount of overdue funds from customers, which may include a variety of collection methods and the use of outside collection services.
- Collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced goal-oriented collections department
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues
- Process customer refunds and review account adjustments, including resolving client discrepancies and short payments
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department
- Monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- High volume communication (verbal/written) to assigned delinquent customers
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service
- Work independently, manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- 3-5 years high volume corporate collections experience
- Strong Microsoft Office Knowledge (Excel, Word)
- Strong Verbal and Writing skills
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Experience with Great Plains a plus
- Commitment to excellent customer service
Hours: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Scrum Team Member - .NET Software Developer
The primary responsibility of this position is to design, develop, enhance, and implement .NET software systems that support our primary functions as a registered agent and service company. As a developer, you will work with up to 4 other developers and testers. Experience working within a Scrum framework is a plus. As a member of a smaller development group at a stable, growing company, you will have an opportunity to prove yourself and make a noticeable impact on the organization.
- A strong problem solver
- A quick learner
- Able to work problems through to completion
- Curious and motivated to continuously improve
- A good communicator
- Willing to disagree with your team and engage in productive debate
- Facilitative - lead and demonstrate value-add principles to the team and others
- Software design and analysis
- UX and UI design
- Scrum and Agile principles
- Angular 2+, Typescript, rxjs, nodejs, npm
- VS Code, Visual Studio 2017+, Chrome Developer Tools
- MS SQL Server - Relational database creation, maintenance, and usage
- git - source control, peer code review, and pull requests
- Unit testing - MS Test, Moq, Jest/Jasmine
- Web application and web service development (ASP.NET Web API, MVC)
- JSON, XML standards and usage
- Windows 10, Windows Server, IIS
- Windows application development (WinForms)
- MS Team Foundation Server 2017 or newer
- MS Office 2013 or newer
- A B.S. in Computer Science or related field is required
- 2+ years of experience
Very little travel is required
User Support Specialist-Tallahassee, FL
The User Support Specialist will be responsible for hardware and software support for the entire company. Specific responsibilities include software installation and maintenance, hardware troubleshooting and installation, and network connectivity troubleshooting.
- Monitor, maintain and respond to the company’s trouble ticket system, performing the initial interview and correcting problems when they are within the scope of his / her duties.
- Escalate tickets when needed to systems, network and programming staff.
- Configure, maintain, back-up, and install hardware and software on staff PCs.
- Provide elementary-to-moderate level system administrator duties such as creating and deleting user and exchange accounts.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and network issues as required.
- Maintain and monitor internal network inter-operation with computer systems.
- Perform minor maintenance and adjust configuration settings to the company wide phone system.
- During times not responding to trouble tickets, assist with operational support projects, generate systems statistics, and create/update documentation.
- Handle miscellaneous duties as assigned by the User Support Supervisor.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience; a minimum of five years of increasingly skilled experience in a networked and/or desktop support environment. Must have Windows troubleshooting skills, experienced software and hardware problem solving and troubleshooting ability and the ability to plan and work independently. A working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, both wired and wireless is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Self-motivation and an eagerness to learn are important.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a desktop support environment.
- Experience in PC hardware troubleshooting.
- Experience in Office 365 Suite, Windows 10.
- Excellent Communication and People skills.
Job Type: Full-time; Hours: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm; Benefits: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Process Agent & International Services Specialist - NY, NY
- Receive inquiries, requests for quotes and orders from clients; respond to requests, enter and process orders.
- Review corporate finance agreements and related legal documents, draft appointment agreements, manage a follow-up system and complete orders including invoicing.
- Support research into jurisdictional requirements relating to COGENCY GLOBAL’s suite of services globally.
- Understand and continually increase knowledge around a diversity of cross-border transactions handled by clients.
- Collaborate in a virtual team across our U.S., UK and Hong Kong offices to provide superior service to our clients.
- Juris doctor, or equivalent law degree from outside the U.S. or BA degree with a minimum three years’ related experience required.
- Corporate transactional experience preferred.
- Bilingual or multilingual skills a plus.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong computer and research skills; advanced proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build relationships effectively.
- Must be able to multitask, work independently and within a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time, M-F; Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; Benefits: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / RECEPTIONIST - ny, ny
This Administrative Assistant will perform diverse, advanced and confidential daily administrative support duties & support the HR Department by assisting in Employee Engagement activities, New Employee Onboarding, Business Services / Facilities co-ordination and cover as the Director of First Impressions – The Receptionist.
- Assist the HR department in planning, organizing & executing employee engagement activities such as company events and celebrations. (Holiday Parties, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Monthly Birthday celebrations etc.)
- Support the Onboarding process by preparing New Hire packs, Safety packs & co-ordinate New Hire Welcome Breakfast.
- Support Benefits Administration such as Processing of Monthly Transit benefits, process monthly expense reports
- Assist the HR department with Compliance activities such as Employee Record filing.
- Lead and/or coordinate other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Provide Business Services support such as review & approve insurance invoices, manage copy machine contracts, co-ordinate Annual fire extinguisher inspections, co-ordinate monthly office cleaning Manage office facilities, order office supplies & maintain a clean, organized office space.
- Help with Front Desk duties by greeting & assisting visitors, messengers and answering phones. Co-ordinate Mail receipt & distribution, keep log of all incoming packages.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Fast learner with excellent customer service skills
- Display outstanding attention to detail, sound decision making and good judgment throughout tasks and priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 to 2 years of Receptionist experience
Job Type: Full-time, M-F; Hours: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST- ALBANY, NY
We are looking for a candidate with prior corporate and customer service knowledge to join our team and experience the support, camaraderie and satisfaction that comes from working with a family-oriented professional company. Applicants should be computer-knowledgeable, show a strong proficiency in verbal and written communication and be organized and detail-oriented.
Our NO LAYOFF policy, commitment to integrity, fairness and fun and strong financial performance make us an ideal alternative to the traditional “all business” organization. For consideration, please send us your resume and salary requirements.
- You will be in direct contact with clients– processing orders, resolving any issues, request for assistance
- Ability to respond promptly to client questions and concerns
- Helping clients to use COGENCY GLOBAL’s proprietary applications (training provided)
- Guiding clients through the process of working with state and local public offices
- Working with public offices and commercial agents on the client's behalf
- Reviewing legal documentation –attention to detail is a must.
- Multi-tasking effectively
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook software)
- Team player
- Great written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior Corporate knowledge and paralegal experience is preferred (Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs)
Full Time, M-F, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST- DOVER, DE
Are you looking for a challenging and exciting career in Client Services? Are you familiar with nationwide corporate services and want to work for a company where fun, challenge and appreciation are the norms? If yes, then we have an outstanding opportunity for you!
This job requires a high level of professionalism; Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Strong verbal and written communication skills, organization, consistency, and detail-oriented approach to work and the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Research various online state agency databases.
- Manage multiple projects with Excel.
- Prepare, review and submit legal documents to various state agencies.
- Understanding and referring to Delaware regulatory compliance.
- Work synergistically on a team with professional colleagues who are working towards common goals.
- Use problem solving skills to deliver the right response to clients.
- Maintain client contact through written and verbal communication to ensure optimum services is being rendered.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree or equivalent training, education and experience preferred.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a successful and growing business with an excellent work-life balance and collegial atmosphere. We also provide a comprehensive training program to our newest team members that allows them to learn at a steady pace in an environment that encourages asking questions, requesting assistance, and maintaining positive and open communication with each other.
Join our team and experience the support, camaraderie and satisfaction that come from working with a family-oriented company. Our commitment to integrity, fairness and fun, and strong financial performance makes us an ideal alternative to the traditional "all business" organization!
Full-Time, 12 PM-8 PM
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE- CHARLOTTE, NC & NEWARK, DE
- 3-5 years of sales experience in a business to business environment
- A proven record and aptitude for acquiring new customers
- A capability to use the many resources available to generate leads
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills (required)
- Successful selling experience to senior level executives (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years sales experience with emphasis on inside cold calling activities
- Ability to sell in a professional consultative style
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Computer knowledgeable
We have an open position based in either our Charlotte, NC or our Newark, DE offices with regular hours of 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, full-time.
We offer an attractive compensation package including base and commission. Our NO LAYOFF policy, commitment to integrity, fairness and fun and our strong financial performance make us an ideal alternative to the traditional all business organization.