SPECIAL AGENCY REPRESENTATION
Our special agency representation services are for companies required by federal and state law to appoint a “designated agent” for service of process. Essentially, this means that you need a physical location where legal documents can be served (lawsuits, liens, summons, etc.) in every state you operate in. Industries that frequently need this include BOC-3 motor carriers, collection agencies, pharmacies, and insurance. USA Patriot Act appointments are also a type of special agency representation.
Appointing your agent is a confusing process, and if you don’t get it right the first time, you can waste a lot of time and money.
When you choose COGENCY GLOBAL, we’ll become a part of your team, from preparing and filing your special agency appointments, to providing the most responsive service of process delivery in our industry, nationwide and around the world.
Get notified immediately when your company is served. Choose the format you prefer for immediate notification (email, secured link, password-protected access and/or express courier). Then, access your real-time updates, deadlines, status changes, and information anywhere, with our secure online system, Entity Central®.
Our expert understanding, one-on-one approach, bundled service discounts, and real-time technology, make us the smart choice for all of your representation needs.
Your special agency representation service includes:
- Help with completing and carefully reviewing your agency appointment forms to spot problems.
- Filing your agency appointment.
- A representative and address to fulfill your legal requirements.
- Experienced handling of service of process in every state and around the world.
Immediate notification of new documents.
- Choice of secure notification service (email, links, password-protected access and delivery).
Access to our online entity management system, Entity Central®, at no additional cost, for your entity information, customized reports and real-time status updates, right from your smart devices.
Industries that Need Special Agency Representation:
- Alcohol Control.
- Appraisal Management.
- Architectural Firms.
- Collection Agency.
- Comptroller’s Office.
- Contractors Board.
- Electric and Gas.
- Employee Leasing.
- Federal Aviation Administration.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (BOC-3 trucking coverage).
- International Finance by Foreign Banks (USA Patriot Act Appointment)
- Mortgage Lending.
- Public Service Commission.
- Real Estate.
- Records Maintenance.
- Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Uniform Franchise Offerings.