SPECIAL AGENCY REPRESENTATION
The Designated Agent Requirement
Certain industries are required by federal and state law to appoint a “designated agent” for service of process. Essentially, this means that you need a physical location where legal documents can be served (lawsuits, liens, summons, etc.), in every state you operate in. Industries that frequently need this include: BOC-3 motor carriers, collection agencies, pharmacies, insurance and USA Patriot Act appointments.
Appointing your agent is a confusing process, and if you don’t get it right the first time, you’ll face rejection, wasted time and money.
A Trusted Part of Your Team
When you choose COGENCY GLOBAL, we’ll become a part of your team, from preparing and filing your agency appointment to providing the most responsive service of process delivery in our industry, nationwide and around the world.
Get notified immediately when your company is served. Choose the format you prefer for immediate notification (email, secured link, password-protected access and/or express courier). Then, access your real-time updates, deadlines, status changes and information anywhere, with our secure online system, Entity Central®.
Your Special Agency Representation Service
Our expert understanding, one-on-one approach, bundled service discounts and real-time technology, make us the smart choice for all of your representation needs.
Your special agency representation service includes:
- Help completing and carefully reviewing your agency appointment forms to spot problems
- Filing your agency appointment
- A representative and address to fulfill your legal requirements
- Experienced handling of service of process in every state and around the world
- Immediate notification of new documents
- Choice of secure notification service (email, links, password-protected access and delivery)
- Access to our online entity management system, Entity Central®, at no additional cost, for your entity information, customized reports and real-time status updates, right from your smart devices.
Industries that Need Special Agency Representation:
- Alcohol Control
- Appraisal Management
- Architectural Firms
- Collection Agency
- Comptroller’s Office
- Contractors Board
- Electric and Gas
- Employee Leasing
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Administration (BOC-3 trucking coverage)
- Mortgage Lending
- Public Service Commission
- Real Estate
- Records Maintenance
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Uniform Franchise Offerings
- U.S.A. Patriot Act Appointments