If you didn't have a chance to attend our webinar, "Avoiding Fatal Debtor Name Mistakes on UCC Financing Statements" don't worry - it's now available to watch on-demand. You can still obtain CLE certification for this webinar by watching at least 60 minutes and answering both poll questions.
As we said in the webinar, you cannot overstate the importance of the debtor name when preparing and filing UCC financing statements.
Watch our March CLE webinar on how to avoid errors when filing UCC financing statements. We’ll review important case law that shows the types of mistakes still being made since Amended Article 9 was enacted. We’ll also provide practical steps to avoid unwelcome UCC filing surprises.
This webinar, hosted by Despina Shields, VP of Product Management and Pia Angelikis, Esq., VP of Government Relations and Legal Research, will cover the following:
- Entity and individual debtor name requirements
- The Minor Error Rule
- Case law and what has gone wrong
- The 5-part fact pattern
- Model Administrative Rules (MARS) and search logic
- How to avoid debtor name mistakes
There is no fee to view this webinar, but registration is required.
CLE and MCLE Information:
California: This course has been approved by the California MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour. (CA attorneys must provide Bar number during registration.)
Florida: This course has been approved by the Florida Bar for 1 CLE credit hour. Reference #: 2301278N
Illinois: This course has been approved by the Illinois MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour. (IL attorneys must provide their ARDC number for provider reporting purposes.)
New York: Cogency Global has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited provider of continuing legal education. This course has been approved in accordance with the Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour, all of which can be applied toward the Professional Practice requirement.
Texas: This course has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 1 credit hours, of which 0 credit hours will apply to legal ethics/professional responsibility credit. (TX attorneys must provide their bar number for provider reporting purposes).
Paralegal: This course has been approved by the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) and the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA) for 1 CLE credit hour.
- This program is suitable for newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
- M/CLE is general credit and does not include any of the following: legal ethics, recognition and elimination of bias, competence, mental health/substance abuse, diversity/inclusion, civility, professionalism. Official NY State CLE certificates will be emailed after the event.
- Cogency Global does not pursue CLE credit for Paralegals (unless noted above), CPAs or CPEs. We encourage you to submit this certificate of attendance to your professional organization to obtain credit.
- For any states not listed as approved or pending we strongly encourage attendees to self-apply/self-report to the respective states.
Make sure you receive announcements of future webinars by signing up for our email updates on the topics you’re interested in if you aren’t already subscribed.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.