Couldn’t make our webinar Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Requirements Part 3: FinCEN’s Final Rules Implementing the New Corporate Transparency Act? Want another look at what Pia presented? Click here to watch the webinar on demand!
The webinar recording is now available on demand to view at your convenience. You can still obtain certification for this event by registering, watching the webinar for at least 60 minutes, and answering both poll questions. If you joined us on November 1st and were not able to download your certificate, the room is now re-opened for you to download.
If you registered and completed the requirements for CLE (answered both poll questions and watched at 60 minutes of the webinar), but could not download your certificate, try these steps.
- Start by clearing your browser cache and clicking on the link below. If you are not immediately taken to the registration sign up page, follow the next steps.
- Right click and copy this link in a new Incognito window in Chrome, Private Window in Safari, InPrivate window in Edge, or Private Browsing in Firefox.
- You will come to the registration page for the webinar. Click "Already Registered" and enter your information.
- You will see a console with the webinar, press PLAY to start the webinar (you do not need to re-watch the webinar)
- You can now access the Certification window in the lower left corner of the screen.
- You should be able to press View Certificate to view and download your certificate.
This webinar, hosted by Pia Angelikis, Esq., VP of Government Relations and Legal Research, will cover the following topics:
- Brief overview and international context of beneficial ownership reporting
- FinCEN’s Final Rules and their impact, with key definitions such as “company applicant’, “beneficial owner” and “reporting company”
- FinCEN’s clarification of the term “substantial control”
- Exemptions from reporting
- Information retention and disclosure
- State agency duties
- Violations and penalties
- Updated timeline and how to prepare for the January 1, 2024 effective date
- What remains unclear and what’s next
There is no fee to download this webinar, however, registration is required for viewing.
CLE and MCLE Information:
California: This course is pending approval by the California MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour. (CA attorneys please provide Bar number during registration).
Florida: This course has been approved by the Florida Bar for 1.5 CLE credit hour.
Illinois: This course has been approved by the Illinois MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour. (IL attorneys must provide their ARDC number for provider reporting purposes.)
New York: Cogency Global has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited provider of continuing legal education. This course has been approved in accordance with the Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour, all of which can be applied toward the Professional Practice requirement.
Texas: This course has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 1 credit hours, of which 0 credit hours will apply to legal ethics/professional responsibility credit. (TX attorneys must provide their bar number for provider reporting purposes.)
Note: To receive full credit you must be present for the entire presentation and answer all poll questions throughout the webinar.
And just in case you missed our first two webinars in this series, why not watch them On Demand as well? You’ll get a good sense of where this act started, what it means, and where it’s going.
Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Requirements: What the New Corporate Transparency Act Means for All Business Entities in the US
Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Requirements Part 2: The Proposed Rules Interpreting & Clarifying the New Corporate Transparency Act
Please feel free to share with your colleagues or any other legal and financial professionals who may benefit from this information. If you have any additional questions, contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.