If you missed our CLE webinar, Understanding Series LLCs: Risks and Benefits, you can now watch it On Demand for free. As the series LLC’s popularity continues to grow, this webinar examined its structure, uses, risks and benefits. As we discussed the structure of the series LLC and the limited liability protections it offers, we compared and contrasted Delaware series LLC laws with the Uniform Protected Series Act. We also surveyed state series LLC formation and qualification laws around the US, noting how the differences in these state series LLC laws can create risk for series LLCs when qualifying in foreign states; risk that could potentially impact the limited liability protection afforded a series LLC in its domestic jurisdiction.
Understanding Series LLCs: Risks and Benefits
In this webinar, presenters Pia Angelikis, Esq., Vice President of Government Relations and Legal Research and Teri Mayor, Vice President of Product Management for Business Entity Services covered:
- What is a series LLC?
- Formation and formalities
- Risks and benefits
- Common features of series LLCs
- Formation and maintenance of series LLCs
- Registered series and the CTA
- Qualification of master LLC and series cells
There is no fee to attend the webinar, but advance registration is required.
CLE and MCLE Information:
California: This course has been approved by the California MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour. (CA attorneys, please provide Bar number during registration.) Provider #10934
Florida: This course has been approved by the Florida Bar for 1 CLE credit hour. Course #2309935N
Illinois: This course has been approved by the Illinois MCLE Board for 1 MCLE credit hour. (IL attorneys must provide their ARDC number for provider reporting purposes.)
New York: Cogency Global has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education. This course has been approved in accordance with the Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour, all of which can be applied toward the Professional Practice requirement.
Texas: This course has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 1 credit hour, of which 0 credit hours will apply to legal ethics/professional responsibility credit. (TX attorneys must provide their Bar number for provider reporting purposes). Course #174211437
National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA): This course has been approved by NFPA for 1 CLE credit hour.
National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA): This course has been approved by NALA for 1 CLE credit hour.
Note: To receive full credit you must be present the entire presentation and answer all poll questions throughout the webinar.
- This program is suitable for newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
- M/CLE is general credit and does not include any of the following: Legal ethics, recognition and elimination of bias, competence, mental health/substance abuse, diversity/inclusion, civility and professionalism. Official NY State CLE certificates will be emailed after the event.
- Cogency Global does not pursue CLE credit for paralegals (unless noted above), CPAs or CPEs. We encourage you to submit this certificate of attendance to your professional organization to obtain credit.
- For any states not listed as approved or pending, we strongly encourage attendees to self-apply/self-report to the respective states.
You’re welcome to share this invitation with your colleagues and any other legal and financial professionals who may benefit from attending this webinar. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.