Extra Steps for International Documents
As part of doing business internationally, you will be required to produce corporate documents issued in one country for use in another. Sometimes, notarised documents will need to be sent over to another country for use commercially. As part of litigation, you may be required to produce supporting documents as evidence in the Courts of another country. In order for these documents to be fit for use abroad, their authenticity and origin will need to be verified.
Verification steps vary everywhere, but generally include simple government agency authentication; legalisation, which requires multiple-agency verification; and Apostille Certificates, a streamlined verification attachment that’s accepted by more than 110 countries.
Documents often requiring legalisation include:
- Corporate documents.
- Notarised contracts.
- Trademark assignments.
- IRS Good Standing Certificates.
- Certificates of listing on a foreign exchange.
Understanding where, what and how to file in a foreign country is an extremely complex challenge because requirements, fees and political considerations vary all over the world.
Find out more about the legalisation process for documents originating outside the U.S. (e.g. U.K., Canada, Europe, China, Hong Kong and Macau.), the growing acceptance of remote notary, and more in our webinar: Legalisation and Authentication in a Global Economy. Get a simpler solution, from pricing to processing. We’ll even keep you updated with important regulation and policy changes in the locations where you do business.
Your Authentication Service
Get back to business fast with an experienced team and global network to legalise your international documents.
Services vary depending on the document type and location, but generally include:
- Determining requirements based on the type of document, country of origin and destination country.
- Arranging legalisation steps for the fastest possible approval.
- Submitting and retrieving your documents in person, at every necessary agency.
- Following up on address issues as needed.
- Delivering authenticated documents internationally.
- Expedited apostille and legalisation at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in London for documents needed in Bermuda, Cayman Islands and other British Territories.