Appoint a Hong Kong Process Agent
Are you working on a bond offering or other large financing transaction governed by Hong Kong law? When your lender requires that you name a process agent in Hong Kong, you will need a reliable third party to act as the process agent (agent for service of process) under the contractual documents.
Over the years, the sophistication of Hong Kong law has been well recognised by the international legal community. Parties in these types of transactions prefer Hong Kong law to govern their bond or commercial finance transactions because of the large body of judicial precedents and the consistency and fairness of Hong Kong courts.
COGENCY GLOBAL is a leading provider of process agent services in Hong Kong and around the world.
Your Hong Kong Process Agent
We work your hours. Don’t wait overnight to complete the final condition precedent necessary for your closing. Our global team has experience working with magic circle law firms, leading lenders and aviation companies. We are prepared to deal with urgent requests for process agent appointments. You get:
- Significant cost savings with a better pricing model; there is never a fee per agreement.
- 24-hour availability from a multilingual process agent team on all business days.
- Expedited delivery of your signed acceptance of appointment, usually the same day or within 24 hours, so that your deal won’t be delayed.
- Six more months of service after your term has ended, if requested, at no additional cost.
- Flexible payment via wire at closing or within 30 days after closing, never in advance.
- Customised appointment agreements or master agreements to streamline the appointment process for future transactions.
- Protection against invalid service of process, as our team carefully examines served papers and won’t receive legal documents unrelated to the financial transaction in which we’re named.
- Access to Entity Central®, our process agent database to view your process agent appointments and related information and documents.
How to Choose your process agent
Our global and multi-lingual process agent team will respond promptly and provide a quote based on the number of appointing parties and term of the deal. We are the only player in the industry that does NOT charge a per agreement fee.
Give the go-ahead.
Once we get word from you to proceed, we will send you a draft Process Agent Appointment Agreement and make any necessary revisions you request.
Approve the agreement.
Upon your final approval, we will deliver, sign and accept the appointment (same day or) within 24 hours. And for your convenience, we do not require payment before closing.