YOUR U.S. AUTHENTICATION SERVICE
When you’re using an official U.S. document overseas, you’ll need proof that the document’s certifications and seals are valid. There are two main ways to provide that proof:
Apostille, a certificate attached by a Competent Authority (often the Secretary of State) that states the signatures and stamps of the government officials on your documents are valid. This simpler method is currently accepted by more than 110 countries and was agreed upon in the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents of 5 October 1961.
Authentication of the signatures on your documents by the originating jurisdiction, followed by Legalisation at the consulate or embassy of the destination country. U.S. Department of State Authentication is also often a necessary step in this process.
Contact us today!
Examples of documents requiring legalisation include:
- Corporate documents.
- Notarised contracts.
- Court judgments.
- IRS Good Standing Certificates.
- Certificates of listing on a foreign exchange.
- Trademark registrations.
- Trademark assignments.
- Copyright registrations.
- Copyright assignments.
- Patent registrations.
- Patent assignments.
- Other intellectual property documents.
Find out more about the process you need to go through to legalise documents in the U.S., the growing acceptance of remote notary, and more in our webinar: Legalisation and Authentication in a Global Economy.
COUNT ON OUR EXPERTISE WHILE SAVING TIME AND MONEY
Navigating these processes is time-consuming and frustrating. Each authority has different requirements, fees and procedures. To add to that complexity, embassies and consulates can sometimes apply political considerations to the process. Rely on experienced professionals who understand embassy quirks, have ongoing working relationships with embassy staff and can troubleshoot problems immediately.
Our service is designed to handle your requests efficiently and effectively, from pricing to processing. We’ll even keep you informed of important regulation and policy changes for future requests.
YOUR AUTHENTICATION SERVICE
Services vary depending on the document type and location, but generally include:
- Determining requirements based on the type of document, country of origin and destination country.
- Arranging legalisation steps for the fastest possible approval.
- Hand-delivering important documents to agencies, embassies and consulates in many major cities, including DC, NYC, L.A and Chicago.
- Following up to address issues as needed.
- Delivering authenticated documents in the U.S. or internationally.