NAMING REGULATIONS IN DIFFERENT U.S. STATES
Getting or reserving the right name for your company in the U.S. can be complicated, even after you’ve done brand and trademark homework, and even if you already have a reserved name in one part of the country.
Every state has different rules for availability and many states have word-specific restrictions.
Don’t let your business get delayed due to rejection when your name is too similar to another or requires special consents. We understand the different rules and how to resolve problems, in every state.
Contact us for help navigating the naming regulations in different U.S. states.
MORE RESEARCH, FEWER SURPRISES
Our team’s proactive approach avoids unforeseen issues. We’ll research your name’s availability for every filing or on request. You’ll get complete details advising where extra steps are required, before we prepare and file on your behalf. When we do expect issues, we know who to talk to and how to resolve the issue.
YOUR CORPORATE NAME SERVICE
Whether you need to file for a new or amended name in multiple states, or want to protect a name until your company is ready to form, we have you covered, across the U.S. We can also assist your entity with trading name filings (which are known as assumed names in the U.S.).
Your corporate name and trading name service includes:
- Checking the name for potential conflicts.
- Researching potential problems.
- A pre-filing listing of potential conflicts by state.
- Preparation of the name reservation and registration forms and/or trading name applications.
- Review of your pre-prepared documents.
- In-person filing for immediate problem resolution.
- Obtaining agency consents, when needed.
- Following up to resolve issues as they arise.
- Providing evidence of filing or name reservation.