Register Now for NCR's FREE CLE Seminar!
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 04, 2016
9:00 AM - 10:35 AM
(Continental breakfast at 8:30 AM)
The Metropolitan Club, Willis Tower
233 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
Michigan Room, 66th Floor
"Qualification and Registration:
When, Why and How?”
Attend this FREE CLE seminar sponsored by National Corporate Research, Ltd. (NCR) for newly admitted and experienced attorneys, paralegals and other legal/financial professionals involved in entity formation and corporate transactions.
When a business is looking to expand operations into a new state, the following questions frequently arise: “Where should we qualify as a foreign corporation or LLC?” and “Do the activities mandate registration as a foreign entity in the new state?” This seminar will review a wide number of relevant facts that should be considered when determining the answer to these questions. We will take a close look at key factors such as the degree of repeat business, the nature of the business and when other licensing requirements should be considered.
We will also review the statutory exemptions (what does not constitute doing business) and discuss court decisions in this area. Finally, we will provide an overview of the practical tips and requirements for entities when they determine they need to register and will discuss the consequences of failing to register in a timely way.
The topics that will be covered include:
- What Constitutes Doing Business?
- Historical overview and review of common terms
- Key factors and questions to be considered
- Statutory exemptions and considerations: activities that do not or MAY constitute "doing business"
- Legal Considerations After Qualification
- Post-qualification obligations and compliance
- Role of the registered agent
- Benefits of qualifying and consequences of failing to do so
- Complications with Newer Entity Types
- Registration, Name Issues and Post-Registration Procedures
AND MUCH MORE!
Advance registration is REQUIRED
For more information, contact Maria Guerrero:
(800) 221-0102 extension 1135 email@example.com